Thursday 5 November 2009

Blair Witch Project Analysis...

I decided to watch the Blair Witch Project as it is completely filmed using a hand held camera. Whilst watching I found that it was a good effect but after a while it gave me a headache. The use of the hand held is explained at the beginning, through saying that it was all real footage and was only found after the bodies were found, this excuses its use through out. It was interesting to watch and as the audience I knew that everything was from the perspective of the camera man/women but if I was to use this effect I would only use it for certain sections of my film. The film is slightly filmed in the style of a documentary, with informal interviews with the other members of the "witch team" and people living in the town. Throughout the female makes references to a project and this explains the documentary style film. I did not particulary enjoy watching this film as it wasnt very interesting and did not have much of a story line although I can understand why horror is a popular genre to make.

No comments: