Monday 15 December 2008

Defining Ideas...

After researching some different films online I found a few I really liked, for example, Marley and Me and Definately Maybe. I decided that I wanted to base it on a true story, like the Titanic and found a newspaper article about a little girl called Hannah who had a heart diesease but refused to have a transplant and was being taken to court by the doctors. I decided I liked this story and could expand on it in the plan for my film by adding in other aspects of her life.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/11/11/brave-schoolgirl-hannah-jones-turns-down-life-saving-heart-transplant-to-die-at-home-with-her-family-115875-20885051/


By changing the name and the storyline slightly I can use this for my film and still be original.

My film opening would be similar to the Titanic with a montage of clips from possibly different times and location. I do not want it to include dialogue but it will have non diegetic music playing. The opening two minutes will show Hope playing with her family and friends, in her own environment, possibly being read a story. It will not have any indication to her medical problem as that would come later on in the film. I will include in the two minutes the credits with producer/director ect. and finish off the title. I have decided to call my film, "Hope".





No comments: