Friday 30 April 2010

Evaluation Activity 3...

I have already put my audience feedback video on my blog and also on video site YouTube although I have not had many electronic comments left. Many people have watched my film and seen my ancillary tasks and really liked it. All the actors who played parts in my teaser trailer said they loved it although from what I had explained they had a different final product in their heads. Many people said it left a lot to the imagination - which is what I was going for - and that it made them want to find out what happens.

The comments I had for my poster was that the style and the design were really good. Some people said that my poster didnt quite match my teaser trailer and from the poster they were expecting something different. Although in a way these are bad comments, having them not similar adds to the enigma of my production.

In what ways does your teaser trailer remind you of other teaser trailers?
My teaser trailer reminds me of other teaser trailers, firstly because of the length. My teaser trailer is less than a minute in length and is very fast paced. This is a key convention of teaser trailers as it does not give too much away but gives the audience an idea of what it may be about. Secondly I have used a mixture of titles and scenes in my teaser trailer, a convention used in many trailers. Through doing this the titles can create questions in the audiences mind, encouraging them to want to watch the full film and also, because I have not used dialogue in my teaser trailer, can give the audience the information they need. The soundtrack I have used has added to the mood and atmosphere of my teaser trailer. I have also at the end included the release date although not the films title and also the producer and actors. By not knowing the name of the film the audience should hopefully look out for more promotional items to find out more information, for example, the poster, more trailers ect.

What do you think are the strengths of your trailer?
I think one of the strengths of my trailer is the way in which I have edited it. I think without the titles I have used in between clips my trailer would not be of as much interest to my audience. The fast pace I have used along with the soundtrack adds to the mood and increases interest. I think another strength of my teaser trailer is the way in which all my clips flow together with the fades I have used.

What do you think are the weaknesses of your trailer?
I think the weaknesses of my trailer are; the amount of footage I filmed. If I were to do it again I would film a lot more footage to give me more choice when it came to editing. I would use a larger range of shot types and plan my filming more efficiently. If I were to edit it again I would also include a production company logo as without it I think my teaser trailer looks rather amateur. I think if I did it again I would also include more action shots as I dont think any of the clips really lets on what the story is about. I would also make my poster more similar to my film so there is no confusion.

No comments: